Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mold Me and Make Me

Hello everyone! :)

Long time! I am happy to have logged back into the blog today and have a few moments to reflect and write a little. I have been meaning to get on and update you all as well as share all the wonderful things that God has been doing in our lives, but life is busy and I just didn't have the time. But today is the day!

So, where do I begin?

Well, I will just jump right into it! Barry and I are pleased to announce that we are expecting a miracle baby! This baby is due on March 4, 2014. We had quite the summer with appointments to ready our minds and my body to prepare for this exciting time! We prayed each step of the way as that is the only thing we know how to do. We never doubted God's plan, His timing or His grace... we just trusted and believed that THIS was what He was calling us to do. And boy! Are we sure happy with His answer to our prayer as well as His faithfulness to us.

This pregnancy has been absolutely amazing. We found out that we were blessed again, on June 20, 2013. It was a day I will never forget. It felt so surreal to be in that moment of life again. But the thrill and the excitement hasn't worn off, at all. We are still amazed and in awe of this little life and the little person that will become Oakley's brother or sister. It truly makes my eyes water and my heart beat a little faster as I anticipate this next chapter.

One part of the pregnancy journey I want to touch on today is the beauty of my changing figure. I have always said, that there is nothing more beautiful than an expectant mother. I have always loved being pregnant and embracing my new body.

I recall a moment that seems like yesterday, but it was in fact June 30, 2010. That morning was the morning that Barry and I had to travel to Sioux Falls so that I could be induced to deliver our Hudson Daniel. It was a day I will never forget. I distinctly remember getting out of bed and undressing to get in the shower. Our bathroom is right off our bedroom. Barry was still in bed, but I was up. I remember standing in front of the bathroom mirror, just sobbing as I look at my beautiful reflection. I wanted to stay in that moment forever as I wanted so badly to keep Hudson with me and in me forever. I can recall opening the bathroom door and calling to Barry. I would say to him... "Look and remember this body. This will be the last time we will see me pregnant... " Those words and the thoughts that ran through my head that day were so bittersweet. 

Little did I know that day, that God would bless us once again. Three years of steady prayer and thanksgiving has led us to where we are today. As soon as we found out that God had blessed us, once again, my heart just overflowed with joy! I never thought that this day would come again for us.

As we began the journey of this pregnancy we embraced and glorified God in all of it. Through the weekly appointments at the beginning, to the hundreds of ultrasounds to follow as well as routine labs, we took each one with open arms and savored in each moment. As we pray daily for this little miracle baby as well as our miracle son Oakley, we can almost feel God's grace surround us and hold us through this chapter of life.

As my little tummy has begun to grow, and grow some more we are amazed with the miracle of life inside of me.  We are thoroughly enjoying this special time in our lives and God is healing our hearts once again with His blessings.

Blessings.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment